Department of Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences
Professor and Head
Dr.R.Nadarajan is the Head of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences.
He has 32 years of teaching experience and still he shines young and energetic person.He has guided more than 20 PhDs and currently he is supervising more than 6 research scholars in the fields of Computer Science and also he guided over 14 M.Phil in Computer Science and more than 430 MCA and M.Sc (SE) Projects. He is the architect of the Five year integrated M.Sc (Software Engineering),Five year integrated M.Sc (Theoretical Computer Science) course and Five year integrated M.Sc (Data Science).
He is member of ACM, ISTE, Computer Society of India and OR Society of India. He has visited USA, UK and France on academic grounds. Currently he is the Divisional Chair Person, Computer Society of India.
Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Object Oriented Programming
Conferences / Workshops Organized
Organizing Chair, International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Cyber Security and Computational models(ICC3) 19-21 December 2013
List of Ph.D Scholars guided
25. B.Malar, "Heuristic and model based approaches for binary classification using isotonic separation", December 2015
24. N.Rajamanickam, "Certain Investigations on Computer Security Policies and Security Protocols", September 2015
23. N.Ilayaraja, "Data Caching and Pre fetching Strategies for Location Dependent Information Access in Mobile Environment" February 2015
22. N.Geetha, "Study and Analysis of emerging soft computing approaches to Intelligent Systems in pattern recognition" August 2014
21. RM.Periakaruppan, "XML Document Structural Similarity Algorithms and its Applications" April 2014
20. S.Suganthi, "Adaptable middleware model for dynamic changes in the requirements" March 2014
19. V. Geetha, "Investigations on Context - Aware Adaptive E - Assessment and their Performance valuation using Machine Learning February 2014
18. M. Thilagu, “Investigations on Users Navigation Behaviour Using Efficient Web Usage Mining Techniques Based on Multiple Pattern Mining Models January 2014
17. G. Uma Vetri Selvi Study on Medical Image Compression Techniques, October 2013
16. R. Vijayalakshmi, “Efficient Algorithms and Data Structures for Storage and Mining in Large Graph Databases October 2013
15. F.Mary Magdalene Jane, “ Investigations on Client-side Data Caching Policies for Location Dependent Data in Mobile Environments 2010
14. Muthukumar A, “Efficient association rule mining algorithms on transactional databases “ 2009
13. Sridevi B, “Study of Similarity Measure of Fuzzy Numbers, Aggregation Operators in Fuzzy Systems and Decision Making” 2009
12. Kalpana B, “Efficient Strategies for Mining Frequent Itemsets and the Incremental Mining of Closed Frequent Itemsets Based on a Lattice Framework, 2009
11. Ms.I.Elzabeth Shanthi, “ Information Retrieval on Object Oriented Databases, 2008
9. L.Robert, “Random access and Text Preprocessing Algorithms for Text Data Compression , 2008
8. R.Manavalan, “Certain Investigations on the Impact of Model Driven Architecture on Persistence Service Design” , 2007
7. S.Palaniammal, Study on Markovian Queueing Models with Bulk Service and Vacation , 2006
6. B.Suresh, “Object Oriented Parallel Programming Model on a Network of Workstations , 2005
5. D.Gunaseelan ,”Fast Algorithms for Mining Generalized Association Rules and Sequential Patterns in Massive Databases” , 2002
4. M.I.Afthab Begum, “Queueing Models with Bulk Service and Vacation , 1997
3. M.R.Sitrarasu, “Some Markovian Queueing Models with general Bulk Service , 1994
2. D.Jayaraman, “Queueing Models with Server's Vacation and General Bulk Service , 1991
1. D.Audsin Mohana Dhas, “Markovian General Bulk Service Queueing Models , 1990
R.Latha and R.Nadarajan, “ User Similarity Adjustment for Improving Accuracy and Diversity in Recommendations”, Proceedings of International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration,Springer, LNAI 9468, pp No 515 – 525, December, 2015
R.Latha and R.Nadarajan, “ Ranking Based Approach for Noise Handling in Recommender Systems”, Proceedings of International Conference on Multimedia Communications, Services and Security, Springer, CCIS 566, pp No 46 – 58, November 2015.
G. Uma Vetri Selvi and R.Nadarajan, “ A Rapid Compression Technique for 4 – D Functional MRI Images Using Data Rearrangement and Modified Binary Array Techniques”, International Journal of Australasian Physical & Engineering Sciences in Medicine, pp no 1-5, October 2015.
P.Nirmala and R.S.Lekshmi “Vertex cover-based binary tree algorithm to detect all maximum common induced subgraphs in large communication networks” International Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems, Springer-Verlag, August, 2015.
M. Thilaga, R. Vijayalakshmi, R. Nadarajan, D. Nandagopal, Bernie Cocks, C. Archana,, Nabaraj Dahal, “A Heuristic Branch-and-Bound Based Thresholding Algorithm for Unveiling Cognitive Activity from EEG Data, Journal of Neurocomputing, Elsevier, doi:10.1016/j.neucom.2015.03.095, July 2015
P.Nirmala, ,.R.S.Lekshmi and R.Nadarajan, “Centrality measures-based algorithm to visualize, a maximal common induced sub graph in large communication networks”, International Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems, Springer-Verlag, May 2015.
RM.Periakaruppan and R.Nadarajan, “Automatic Clustering of Research Articles using Domain Ontology and Fuzzy Logic”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume No. 8930, pp No 42-51, ISBN: 978-3-662-46314-7, Springer, March 2015
RM.Periakaruppan and R.Nadarajan, “Clustering XML documents for Web based learning”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume No. 8930, pp No 234-243, ISBN: 978-3-662-46314-7, Springer, March 2015.
G.Poonthalir and R.Nadarajan, “Vehicle Routing Problem with Limited Refueling Halts using Particle Swarm Optimization with Greedy Mutation Operator”, RAIRO-Operations Research, 49(4), 689-716, EDP Sciences, March 2015
Rajamanickam N and R.Nadarajan, “Formal Verification of Finite State Transactional Security Policy” Proceedings of International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2014, pp no : 363 – 376, October 2014.
N.Geetha and R.Nadarajan, “A Fuzzy Framework for Offline Signature Verification “,Proceedings of International Conference on IEEE CONECCT, pp No 1-6, IEEE Xplore, Jan 2014.
• Geetha, Ganapathi and Nadarajan, R ‘A Fuzzy Hybrid Framework for Offline Signature Verification’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8251, Proc. of International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (PReMI 2013), pp. 121-127, December 2013
N.Rajamanickam and R.Nadarajan, “Implementing Real-Time Transactional Security Property using Timed Edit Automata”, Proceedings of International Conference on Security of Information and Networks, pp.no: 429 – 432, ISBN :978-1-4503-2498-4, ACM, November 2013.
• B.Malar and R. Nadarajan, “Evolutionary Isotonic Separation for Classification: Theory and Experiments ”, International Journal of Knowledge Information Systems, Springer, No.37, Pp: 531 553, DOI 10, 1007/ S 10115-012-0579-5, October 2013.
• RM. Periakaruppanan and R. Nadarajan Prufer Sequence based approach to Measure Structural Similarity of XML Documents” OTM 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Series (LNCS) Springer-Verlag, Vol 8186, pp: 639 648, September 2013.
• B.Malar, R.Nadarajan and G.Sai Sundara Krishnan, “ Isotonic Separation with an Instance Selection Algorithm Using Softset: Theory and Experiments”, International Journal of WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications, Vol.9, No 11, pp 350 367, November 2012.
• Uma Vetri Selvi, G. and Nadarajan, R. “Coronary angiogram video compression using Wavelet-based Contourlet Transform and Region-of-interest Technique”, IET image Processing Journal, Vol.6, No.8, pp.1049-1056, November 2012.
• M.Thilagu and R.Nadarajan, “Efficiently Mining of Effective Web Traversal Patterns With Average Utility” Procedia Technology Journal (ISSN:2212-0173), Elsevier, Volume 6, pp 444-451, November 2012.
• S.Suganthi, R.Nadarajan."Middleware Model for Adapting Dynamic Requirements", Journal of Digital Information Management, Vol.10, No. 1 Page No. 20-29, 2012.
• R.Nadarajan, R.Vijayalakshmi, M.Thilaga and P.Nirmala, “ Performance Monitoring of Large Communication Networks using Maximum Common Subgraphs”, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.6, No.S11, January 2011.
• M.Thilaga and R.Nadarajan, Top-Down Algorithm for Mining Maximal Traversal Paths in Web Log Sessions” International Journal on Computational Science New Dimensions & Perspectives,pp 66-70, NCCSE,2011
• M.Thilagu and R.Nadarajan, “Fast and Efficient Mining of Web Access Sequences Using Prefix Based Minimized Trees” International conference on ACC 2011, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg CCIS 191, pp 366-373, April 2011.
• R.Vijayalakshmi, R.Nadarajan, P.Nirmala and M.Thilaga, Divisive Clustering Algorithm for Performance Monitoring of Large Networks using Maximum Common Subgraphs”, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.7 No. A11, pp:92-109, October 2011.
• R.Vijayalakshmi, R.Nadarajan, John F.Roddick, M.Thilaga and Ms.P.Nirmala, “ FP- GraphMiner - A Fast Frequent Pattern Mining Algorithm for Network Graphs”, International Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications, Vol.15, No.6, pp: 753- 776, November 2011
• N.Ilayaraja, F.Mary Magdalene Jane, I.Thomson, C.Vikram Narayan, R.Nadarajan and Maytham Safar, “Semantic Data Caching Strategies for Location Dependent Data in Mobile Environments” Digital Information and Communication Technology and Its Applications, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Volume 167, Part 2, 151-165, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-22027-2_14, Dec 2011
• R.Vijayalakshmi, M.Thilaga, P.Nirmala and Nadarajan, Novel Approach for Detection and Elimination of Automorphic Graphs in Graph Databases”, International Journal of Open Problems in Computer Science and Mathematics, Vol.3 No.1 pp 56 72, March 2010.
• R.Nadarajan and F.Mary Magdalene Jane, “ A Spatio-Temporal Cache Replacement Policy for Location Dependent Data in Mobile Environments”, International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking”, Vol.6, No.3, pp: 31-48, July - September 2010.
• B.Sridevi and R.Nadarajan, “Fuzzy Similarity Measure for Generalized Fuzzy Numbers", International Journal of Open Problems Compt. Math, Vol.2, No.2, pp:241-253, June 2009.
• I.Elizabeth Shanthi and R.Nadarajan "Applying SD - Tree for Object-Oriented Query Processing" Journal of Informatica 33, pp: 169-179, June 2009.
• I.Elizabeth Shanthi and R.Nadarajan "An Index Structure for Fast Query Retrieval in Object Oriented Data Bases Using Signature Weight Declustering" International of Information Technology, Vol 8, No.3 pp: 275 - 283, 2009.
• B.Kalpana and R.Nadarajan, "Incorporating Heuristic for efficient Search Space Pruning in Frequent itemset mining Strategies", Journal of Current Science Association, Vol.94, No.1, pp:97 - 101, January 2008.
F. Mary Magdalene Jane and R.Nadarajan, "Restricted Continuour KNN Queries on Road Networks with Caching Enhancement", Journal of Digital Information Management, Vol 6 No.1, Feb 2008.
• A.Muthukumar and R.Nadarajan, "Association Rule Mining of Bit Map Transactions using Transaction Reduction, Modified Graph and Partitioned Approaches", Journal of Computer Science, Vol: 2, No : 4, pp: 281 - 293, Jan-Feb 2007.
• B.Kalpana and R.Nadarajan,"Efficient Search Space Pruning Strategies for Mining Frequent Itemsets", presented in IMECS 2007, organized by International Association of Engineers, Hong Kong, March 21 - 23, 2007, Vol 1, pp No : 722 - 727.
• B.Kalpana , R.Nadarajan and Arun Raghavendar "Lattice Based Hybrid Strategies for frequent Itemset Mining", presented in ICSCI-2007, organized by Pentagram Research Centre Pvt.Ltd, Hyderabad, Jan 03 - 07, 2007, Vol 1, pp No: 283 - 288.
• Yaser Nouh and R.Nadarajan, “BiTutor- A component based architecture for developing web based ITS”, Proceedings of the 5th Atlantic Web Intelligence Conferences, AWIC - 2007 ASC 43, pp 208-213, 2007, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, France, June 2007.
• B.Kalpana and R.Nadarajan, "Optimizing Search Space Pruning in Frequent Itemset Mining with Hybrid Traversal Strategies - A Comparative Performance on Different Data Organizations", IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 34:1, IJCS_34_1_13. - On line publication, August 2007.
• B.Kalpana and R.Nadarajan, "Hybrid Search Strategies for Mining Maximal Frequent and Frequent Itemsets Based on a Lattice Framework", Journal of Computer Society of India, Vol.37, No.2 pp No 3 - 8, April-June 2007.
• B.Kalpana and R.Nadarajan, "Incorporating Heuristics for Efficient search space Pruning in Frequent itemset Mining Strategies", Current Science, Vol 94, No.1, pp No: 97-101, 2007.
• S.Palaniammal , M.I.Afthab Begum and R.Nadarajan, "Erlangian Bulk Service Queueing Model with Servers Single vacation", International Journal of Management and Systems, Vol 22, No 2, pp. 176-188, May-August, 2006.
• Yaser Nouh , P.Karthikeyani and R.Nadarajan,"Intelligent Tutoring System - Bayesian Student Model", First IEEE International Conference on Digital Information Management - ICDIM - 2006 pp. No. 257-262, 6-8 Dec 2006, Bangalore.
• Yaser Nouh , P.Karthikeyani and R.Nadarajan, "Updating Student Model using Bayesian Network and Item Response Theory" Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Sensing and Information Processing - ICISIP 2006, pp No.161 - 164, Dec 15-18,2006, Bangalore.
• S.Palaniammal , M.I.Afthab Begum and R.Nadarajan, "Steady State Solution of a Single Server Bulk Service Queue with Controlled and Delayed Vacation", International Journal of Management and Systems, Vol 22, No.3, pp 270 - 280, Sep - Dec 2006.
• L.Robert and R.Nadarajan, "Design of New Random Access Text Compression Algorithms", ITNG- 2006, IEEE Conference Proceedings, pp.104-111, Dec. 2006.
• R.Nadarajan and B.Sridevi, ggregation based on Generalized Mixture Operators using Weighting Functions in Multiperson Decision Making Problems with Fuzzy Preference Relation”, Proceedings of National Conference on Mathematical and Computational Models, December 2005.
• A.Muthukumar and R.Nadarajan, "An Efficient Approach to Mining Association Rules in Transaction Databases", National Journal of Information Science & Technology, Vol .1, pp. 10-17, Nov 2005.
• B.Suresh, R.Anitha and R.Nadarajan, "A Parallel Approach to the Travelling Salesman Problem with Different Modes of Transport", Proceeding of DAPSYS 2004 in conjunction with EuroPVM/MPI 2004, Kluwer Academic Publications, September 2004.
• B.Suresh and R.Nadarajan, "Object Oriented Programming Model on a Network of Workstation", Proceedings of ICCS 2003, LNCS 2660, Springer - Verlag.pp 1000 - 1010, June 2003.
• Palaniammal S , Arulmozhi G & Nadarajan R “Reliability Estimation for a Software System with Multiple Types of Faults”, Proceddings of the Second National conference on Mathematical and Computational models, PSG College of Technology, Dec 11,12, 2003, pp.279-287
• Krishna Reddy G.V, Arumuganathan R and Nadarajan R, "Analysis of a Bulk Queue with N-Policy Multiple Vacations and Setup Times", Computers and Operations Research, Vol.25, No.11, pp. 957 - 967, 1998.
• M.I.Afthab Begum and R.Nadarajan, "Multiserver Queueing Systems with Vacation" Optimization, Vol 41, pp.71-87, 1997.
• Jayaraman D , Sitrarasu M.R and Nadarajan R, "A general bulk service queue with arrival rate dependent on server breakdowns", Applied Mathematics Modelling, Vol.18 March 156-160, 1994.
• Arulmozhi G and R.Nadarajan, "Markovian parallel system with Repairmen's vacation", Microelectronics and Reliability Vol 34, No.5 pp. 947 - 950., 1994.
• Krishna Reddy G.V, Kandasamy P.R and Nadarajan R, "A Nonpreemtive priority Multiserver queueing system with general bulk service and Heterogeneous Arrivals", Computers and Operations Research, Vol.20, No.4, 447-470, 1993.
• Krishna Reddy G.V, Kandasamy P.R and Nadarajan R, "Tandem queue with Three Multiserver units and Bulk service in Unit III", Microelectronics and Reliability, Vo.33, No.4, 513-519, 1993.
• Krishna Reddy G.V, and Kandasamy P.R and R.Nadarajan, "Queues with two units connected in series with Multiserver General Bulk Service in Unit II", Microelectronics and Reliability Vol.33, No.3 285-290, 1993. Co-author:
• Krishna Reddy G.V, Kandasamy P.R. and R.Nadarajan, "A tandem queue with general bulk service and servers vacation", Computers in Industry Vol.20, pp 345-354, 1992.
• Audsin Mohana Dhas D, Ho Woo Lee and R.Nadarajan, "A preemptive priority queue with general bulk service and Heterogeneous arrivals", Computers in Industry, Vol.18, pp. 327-333, 1992.
• R.Nadarajan, Ho Woo Lee, Soon Seok Lee, and Kyung C. Chae "On a batch service queue with single vacation", Applied Mathematics Modelling, Vol.16, pp.36-42, 1992.
• Krishna Reddy G.V, Kandasamy P.R. and Nadarajan R, "Markovian General Bulk Service Queueing Systems with Vacation and Additional Server, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 80-89, 1991.
• D.Jayaraman and R.Nadarajan, "Series Queue with General Bulk Service, random breakdown and vacation", Microelectronics and Reliability Vol.31, No. pp 861-863, 1991.
• Audsin Mohana Dhas D and R.Nadarajan, "Multiservers general bulk Service queue with vacation", Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research,Vol.5.,No.2, pp 141-154, 1990
• Audsin Mohana Dhas D and R.Nadaraajan, "Two units connected in series with general bulk service and random breakdown in Unit 2", Microelectronics and Reliability Vol.29, No.5, pp 761-763, 1989.
Sivaraman S and Nadarajan R, "Two units connected in series with Random breakdown in Unit II", I A PQR Tranactions, Vol 11, No 1-2, 35-49, 1986.
• R.Nadarajan and Marcel F.Neuts , "A multiserver Queue with thresholds for the acceptance of customers into service", Operations Research, Vol.30, No5, 948-960, 1982. Co-author:, an authority in Queueing theory.
• R.Nadarajan and Ganesan V , "General bulk Service Queueing Systems with Erlang Input and Erlang Service", Journal of Assam Science Society 24(2) 16-20, 1981.
R.Nadarajan and Sankaranarayanan G, "A bulk Service Queueing System with Erlang Input", Journal of the Indian Statistical Association,Vol 18,109-116, 1980.